Friday, February 29, 2008

Number 5

Isn't it funny how you can hear a song over and over again, know all the lyrics, and maybe even know how to play guitar to it and still not fully grasp the intensity of the lyrics? #5 is definitely one of those songs. I first heard it my freshman year at Hume when our band was Something Like Silas (now Future of Forestry). Back then this song was really pretty and had a cool girl's part ("I cannot touch you..."), but I don't think I fully grasped the power behind these incredible lyrics (I probably still don't get it but I pray that my eyes will continue to be opened to it). Anyway, we played it last night at Youth Group and it really made me think about how even though I cannot touch, hold, or see God, I know him. I hear his voice and his words in the silence of my day... Truly a beautiful song!

Hear Your Words
Hear your voice
Like the sound of rushing water to my soul
In the company of mystery

I am lost
I am found
In a whirlwind of my mind to comprehend
All the vastness of your beauty Lord

So Please Tell me (I cannot touch You)
In this Holy fear that you are near me (I cannot hold You)
In silence I will know that you (I cannot See You)
Will hear me Lord (But I know You)


Here I fall
At Your feet
And my heart will lift it's cries to be relieved
Of the things that keep me from you Lord

My soul knows
That one day
When this body and this mind have perished then
I will join in Heaven's songs until then

Please Tell me (I cannot touch You)
In this holy fear that you are near me (I cannot hold You)
In silence I will know that You (I cannot see You)
Will hear me Lord (But I know You)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mitch!! Future and SLS are two of my favorite bands...I was so sad about everything that happened with SLS, but I love the depth of pain and experience that Future writes from because of it all...man. Did you know that the name FOF is inspired by a Lewis poem?? Two of my favorite songs from their new album are...Gazing and If You Find Her. Hmm...all good though. Isn't that so weird they were at Hume Lake; once I moved down here I started to go see them play at Flood every Sunday. Back when they used to. Love you!