Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

It is not very often that I get a weekend off, let alone get a weekend off where I get to go and visit my mom's family. This last week my grandma had surgery on her foot and stayed with us for a week while her foot began to heal. My mom drove her back down to Palmdale on Thursday where she was greeted by my Tia Irma and her son Aaron. My mom came back that day gloating about how cute Aaron (he is 4 by the way) is and how much fun she had sitting on the floor playing board games for hours. So Saturday we decided that we wanted to play with Aaron too so we drove back down there for the afternoon.

The minute that we walked in the door, Aaron invited us to play this Pop-Up Pirate game with him (basically it's this Pirate in a barrel and you pock swords into the sides of the barrel until the Pirate unexpectedly jumps up out of the barrel... sort of a Don't Break the Ice sort of game...). We must have played the game around 4 or 5 times, and every time that stupid little Pirate scared the crap out of me... Aaron thought it was pretty funny! After we got tired of the Pop-Up game (and by we I mean Janae and I... Aaron could have played that thing forever!) we moved onto an all time classic, Candy Land!!! I remember playing this game when I was a kid and I always remember getting really angry when I would get bumped backwards on the board. I half expected Aaron to be the same way, but he handled his losses so well! I was really amazed! After a round or two of Candy Land, we took a movie break (Yeah Alice in Wonderland!!!). Throughout the whole movie Aaron and I had tickle wars (I always won of course... but he was a solid second...). The rest of the day was full of more games (Chutes and Ladders), more amazing Disney movies (Aladdin and The Little Mermaid... it's really amazing what you miss in movies when you are 6 years old... Disney was a dark guy who put a really heavy focus of falling in love... weird). All of this brought me back to when I was a kid (you know, way back in the day since I am so old...) and playing random games with my sisters. Camp outs in the living room with TGIF and the latest Disney movie. Tickle wrestling with my Dad until I couldn't stand it any longer. There are definitely some good memories crammed into my brain and it was really fun to dust off some of those old memories this weekend.

1 comment:

Sarah Belle said...

yeah so, I am still jealous that you got to spend all day with the baby...I miss him and I miss you girls very much!