Tuesday, March 25, 2008

He Has Risen Indeed!

Ok, so I am a couple of days late on this one, but better late than never I suppose. This weekend was crazy for me! Not only was it Easter weekend and I was sort of irritated that I had to work, it was also Parent weekend which is sort of a pointless weekend for me to be working because all of the other staff members are on duty to talk to parents. I tried to keep the best attitude I could the whole weekend (which was probably setting myself up for failure to begin with). I had to remind myself several times why I took this job in the first place: that I am there to love on some kids who are sent away from their parents to live at some random school with a ton of random people. Parent weekends are especially sad to me for the kids who's parents/guardians/friends of the family don't come to visit. So in that sense I get excited to family to those kids on those weekends. Saturday we took a few of the kids who had no commitments and no one visiting to Ventura for a few hours. We went down to the Pier and walked around for about an hour (it was so beautiful!!!). After that we went to lunch then the mall. It was nice to get away and not have to sit in the dorm and be bored all day long!

Sunday morning I got up early and went out to Sunrise Service at the lake which was incredibly gorgeous! The weather lately has been amazing (despite it sucking for my allergies)!!! Sunrise was great and it was nice to be with my family (both immediate and Church family) for Easter. After that I went strait to work for the day. We were able to convince Dave (my boss, the Weekend Coordinator) to let us take the kids to Easter service in the Park. The kids had to stay for the worship portion of the service, but most went to Farmer's Market during the sermon. Once we got back to school we did an Easter egg hunt (not my favorite thing in the world but the kids liked it... especially since many of them had never experienced a "traditional" Easter Sunday). Later in the day we decorated some Easter Eggs which the kids really seemed to enjoy. Over all, the weekend was fun and I was happy to be there for the kids who essentially had no one else. I took some pictures of the weekend so you should check them out!

No comments: