Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wired


So, the title really isn't for Wired Magazine, it's just because I am wired on caffeine right now to get through the rest of my classes. Today was my first day of the spring semester (actually, I really shouldn't say was because it still is).My first class started at 8am, Human Physiology. The material sounds really cool and I will totally get into it, but the professor is totally monotone so I will definitely need to drink my big thermos of coffee before I go into that class. My next class was Survey of Latin America. This professor is super old and is requiring us to read 5 books over the course of the semester (I don't like required reading!!!). My next class was Dance. Now, if most people reading this know me pretty well but for those of you who don't know me, I CAN'T DANCE. I can sing and keep rhythm pretty well that way, but make me move and it's like I have two left feet. So that class will be interesting! My next class was Plays and Players. Basically we go see about 4 plays throughout the semester and write critiques and discuss in class what we liked and didn't like. We have to watch three CSUN productions and one professional production. Our professor thought it would be cool for us all to see Wicked. Any class that requires me to see Wicked is pretty darn cool in my book (Mom and Dad, really I have to see it... it's for school...). Between 1:45 and 4:20 I have a huge gap in which I find stuff to do (homework, shopping...). Since we didn't have any food in the house last night, I decided to explore Northridge, Reseda, and the surrounding area a little more. I ended up at Whole Foods market where I picked up an AMAZING sandwich for dinner. I also picked up a triple shot chai latte at Starbucks to get me through my last two classes. So now I get to wait until my professor arrives (my class is supposed to start at 4:20, but there was a note on the door saying he could be as late as 5 today). All in all school as gone fairly well. I'll let you know how the rest of my day goes after my three shots of espresso really kick in.

2 comments:

ATSmith said...

I love Whole Foods! So L.A. Hey, I saw you dancing with Tim the other night at youth and you didn't look so bad : ) Hope your triple shot lasts you through the night : )

Katie said...

Sounds like you have some pretty cool classes this semester! Right on. We don't have Whole Foods out here in the wilderness...so enjoy it for me!