Friday, October 19, 2007

Anger Management

This morning was definitely a rough one for me. I got into an argument and I lost my temper. Long story short I ended up in my room pacing and punched the wall a few times. It was really stupid (the argument and me punching the wall), but I can't figure out a healthy way of dealing with anger that is pleasing to God. I know that my response this morning was not at all pleasing to God (and for that I am really sorry)... but I have yet to figure out a way to release my feelings slowly without blowing up and losing it.

Anyway, this morning was dumb and my hand/arm really hurts from punching the wall (serves me right; I should know better than to punch a wall with how jacked up my arms are). Please pray that I will figure out how to manage my emotions in a way that is more pleasing to God and doesn't make me nauseous the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

When you figure it out, let me know...One Thanksgiving, or some really special occasion, I about broke my toe and spilt the seam out of my ug-boots because I kicked the kitchen cabinet a few times because Eric's parents and sister and family were going to be really late and dinner was already ready. They're always late coming from S.B., and still I get fumed.

I really have been trying to figure out the answer to that same question...when throwing something or kicking something (when I'm alone...I don't have this problem when I'm around my family) makes me feel so good, it's hard to figure out a way to feel better and keep my cool. So, when either of us figures it out, a God-honoring way--we'll let each other know.

I will say one thing...with a lot of prayer it does get better. My *episodes* are very few and far between the older I get. SO, there is hope.

Maybe someone else will offer some insight on this blog...if they do, let me know!

(Nothing like airing my dirty laundry over the world wide web! LOL)