Thursday, October 18, 2007

Walks and Talks


These last few days have been full of great conversations with people whom I haven't really been able to connect with in awhile. The week started with a great chat with Amber on our way to sewing. I have really enjoyed our sewing class, but I have definitely enjoyed the conversations that Amber and I have had much more (Thanks Amber... I love you!).

The next came Tuesday evening with my mom. I know you are probably thinking, "you live with your mom. How can you not connect with her?" Well, due to my crazy schedule of being home most of the day (she is at work) and running around doing everything at night (she is at home sleeping), we haven't been able to say anything past "Hi, how are you? Love you! Bye!" So Tuesday my mom and I both had an optometry appointment (yes I wear glasses - for reading - and it's been awhile since we have been in - maybe around 3 or 4 years for me). After our appointment (they dilated my eyes which really REALLY sucked!!!) we decided to take my dog Toby out for a walk. We drove up to our favorite place to go for a walk (Shelf Road) and went for it. Of course, due to my current obsession with photography, (I seriously NEVER leave the house without my camera) I took lots of pictures of our BEAUTIFUL town at sunset (ps: please excuse any bad pictures... remember my eyes were dilated at the time of our walk so I really couldn't see what the pictures looked like). My mom and I had a great time catching up and I think we are going to try and make this a more regular event (I love Shelf Road, but I wouldn't go up there by myself).

My next AMAZING talk came on Wednesday morning in the form of a Skype call from Delice (I am not sure if Delice actually reads this, but if you do, I love you and thanks for the chat!!!). After some fruitless attempts, Delice and I were finally able to connect and talk to each other for almost 2 HOURS!!! I met Delice at the GEMK conference about two months ago. We have kept in contact via Facebook and email, but it was so amazing to hear her voice after almost two months! I also got to hear all of the amazing people in her life singing and playing music in the background... Her brother Merritt was hanging out in their study/office room that the computer was in and played a song about his day for me... It was SOOOOO GOOD!!! I also got to say hi to Eliza (one of the GEMKs from conference). She was over at Delice's house doing homework and she needed some help with Math... so I ended up helping her over Skype with her math homework... It was super weird and random, but so incredibly cool and fun! The conversation was pretty scattered (it's hard to fit in everything in only two hours...) but it was exactly what I needed to raise my spirits and make me instantly happy (I am still super excited about it!!!)!!!

My last talk of this week (so far anyway) was this morning with my BEAUTIFUL friend Katie! It's been awhile since Katie and I have hung out (we are both crazy busy with our schedules). SO this morning we went out for breakfast and tried to catch up on the recent happenings of our lives. It made me all "Happy and Fuzzy" inside (that was for you Katie! I love you!!! Thanks for going to breakfast with me!!!).

Anyway, this week has been great and I am so thankful that God has given me such great friends and family!!! I have to head out and finish some more homework before I go down to school... I love you all!!! Thanks for reading!!!

3 comments:

dix said...

hey dear!! Yes, it was totally awesome to chat with you and despite the CRAZY scatteredness of especially the second half of the conversation (:'( so sorry! erg.), it made me so happy that it felt like you were just hangingo ut here at the Garrises (garrity+harris) in an every day moment here. i loved it. Please do come visit...!

I love you and miss you friend. *HUG*!

Katie said...

Oh geez...now everyone is probably going to ask me about that...=) I had a wonderful time today, friend. I love hangin out with you!

Christine H. said...

Cool pic! So, I am so intrigued by Skype...don't understnad it, but I am intrigued. Next time I see you (Like that's ever going to happen! LOL) you'll have to tell me about it.