Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I'm Beginning to See the Light

I never thought it would come, but it has... this semester is almost over! This semester has really been a tough one for me. It hasn't been hard or overwhelming like other semesters I have had and probably will have. It's really been bothersome and somewhat irksome. I took a super light load (only 12 units; I started out with 18 but I dropped the classes that I really didn't need) of classes that were super interesting, but all stuff that I have taken before. It is so hard to get excited about a class that 1) you have learned all the material before and 2) the professor doesn't care if you are there or not. But all this complaining and apathetic behavior (how's that for Jr High reading level...) must come to an end as of Wednesday (well a week from tomorrow Wednesday). This will mark my last final exam of this ghastly semester (ok I'm done with the big words... they aren't even big words... and they don't make me look smart... they just make me look like a idiot).

I also have only one more weekend at work before a three week (four weekends for me) break! Last weekend we went ice skating and I was pretty hesitant to get out on the ice. It's been years since I broke my arms (oh, for those of you who didn't know, when I was younger, I broke both my arms and they are still pretty weak - I didn't break them at the same time, even though I heard a really funny question the other day about picking your nose and breaking both of your arms... it was so funny! Anyway I broke my left arm when I was 8 roller skating at church, and my right arm when I was 10 roller blading at Skating Plus) but I still get super nervous about skating. But I overcame my fears and strapped on some giant hockey skates (I never realized how big my feet are) and skated around to non-stop Christmas music. It was fun, but I am looking forward to a nice long vacation from work and, come next week, from school!

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

Yay...hang in there, you're almost there!

When does sewing class end?

ATSmith said...

Did you re-run that program on your blog to see if you got a higher rating? hee hee ...

Anonymous said...

words like that SO do not make you look like an idiot! That's just what they tell you in Lang Arts classes to stop you from writing words you don't know the meaning of. DOn't Listen to Them!!

:)
-kate