Tuesday, December 25, 2007

We Wish You A Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas Everyone! It's been awhile since I have blogged last (well, today's and yesterday's don't count). We have been having trouble with our internet lately and I have had to concede the use of wireless on my laptop to allow everyone to use internet on the desktop. Not using my laptop has been alright, but the last few days (ok, so the last week) have been hard. It's so convenient having all of my favorites and bookmarks right there in front of me. When I get on this computer I forget to check things that I normally check (including my friend's blogs so I am sorry if I have been slacking on the comments... I have been trying to catch up on reading them here and there but I haven't gotten around to commenting yet). And now the power chord for my laptop is broken and my battery is dead so I have to run down to Fry's tomorrow to pick one up. Then I get to attempt to back up all of my music and photos on my new external hard drive.

Things have been alright as you can tell from my last two posts. I have been trying to stay busy during this Christmas break. What I didn't get to post about yet was the awesome Christmas Cookie Decorating Party (wow what a mouthful!) that I had with Stephanie last week. Ok, so it wasn't really a "party" because it was only me and Steph. Pretty much what happened was we went to lunch (she had just gotten back from a trip to New York and was getting ready for a trip to Africa - she left today) and went back to her house to chill and have some Peppermint Ice Cream. We were both so full from lunch, we opted out of Ice Cream. After about 20 mins of hanging out Stephanie blurted out that she wanted to make and decorate Christmas cookies... Well, the rest you can probably figure out from the pictures I took.

Well, it is Christmas day and I hope you all had a fabulous time with your families. Christmas was alright this year. We went to my uncle's house last night for Christmas dinner. I guess it's just that we are getting older, but Christmas isn't the same as it used to be. It was nice but there wasn't any joy or real happiness and it sort of bummed me out. Anyway, this year I was attempting to be less of a Scrooge and I think I did better than years past. In an attempt to spend less this Christmas I made a few of my Christmas gifts. There is always a little bit of risk in making presents for people and I definitely felt the brunt of that this morning. The first four people who opened gifts that I had made loved them (or at least were really good at pretending and that made me happy at least). The last person didn't like the fabric I chose and let me know it by saying that what I made would probably not get used. That broke me down! I can be a very emotional person at times (understatement of the century) and this morning I lost it, but I am doing better. After breakfast with the family we drove down to Carpinteria beach and took Toby for a walk along the beach. It was a beautiful day and Toby loved being able to run and play at the beach. You gotta love a California Christmas!

I hope you all had a beautiful day full of love and compassion! Please pray for my friend Stephanie as she is currently on a plane to London and tomorrow to Africa (she is going on this Adventure Safari thing and she is super nervous about it). Please pray that she will have a great time and come back safely this February (yes... her Safari is about 40 days long and she won't be back to Ojai until February... She'll be back here for two weeks and then head back to Australia for school). Again Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

I cannot believe that someone would say that to you. I am sorry!

I never knew you to be emotional. I think I'm emotional, so maybe I never noticed it with you.

Merry Christmas, my friend!

mandrews said...

They didn't mean to make it sound like it came out but it was a bummer... I'm over it now!

Yeah, I can be way over emotional at times or way under emotional (which might still be considered over emotional in the opposite direction).

ATSmith said...

I know ... it is a very vulnerable feeling to have people open up and critique hand-made gifts ....