Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I'm Gettin Nuttin' For Christmas...


Sunday, Community had the wonderful pleasure of riding on a horse drawn carriage (well, the truck had horse power so we called it our horse...) through town, singing carols at Convalescent homes around town. I have gone caroling around town before, usually visiting the convalescent homes, but I had never had the opportunity to drive 5 mph through town and wave at people wishing them a Merry Christmas. The only other times I have ridden on a trailer at 5 mph was probably on the 4th of July Parade, but that is a whole different story. Anyway, it was such a blessing to go to the homes and show compassion for those who are sometimes forgotten around the holidays. The kids were great and brought giant smiles to everyone's faces. Check out the pictures and they might even bring a smile to your face!

PS: as far as the title goes, it seemed to be a popular song on the trailer so I thought it would be funny.

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

That was so much fun! You'll have to check out my blog because I blogged about it, too.

Would it be too much trouble to have you put the pics on a disc for me. I didn't take very many pictures, and none in the homes. I would love to have them. I can't copy pictures from Flicker that are good quality. I've tried and tried, unless I'm missing something. If you have time, thanks!