Monday, April 07, 2008

Beautifully Wonderful Weekend!!!

It has been awhile since I have had a wonderful, amazing weekend. Don't get me wrong... I love my job (yes I do love it) and I love hanging out with the kids and stuff, but nothing compares to a weekend off!

Friday I had to work (I was on LAX sleepovers so I had to stay with the kids that were going down to LAX Saturday morning). Work was surprisingly pleasant. I had about 8 girls (maybe 7 boys in the boys dorm) so my mom offered to drive the kids to our house to watch a movie. It was so nice to get off campus and just hangout with the kids at my house! I got to chat with a couple of kids that I don't normally get to talk to which was super neat! The kids went to bed around 10 (I let them stay up... don't tell anyone... haha) and I was going to try and stay up. I had two girls who were getting picked up at 1:30am so I figured pulling an all nighter might be ok... I was exhausted and actually tried to sleep but it didn't work out for me... so it pretty much was an all nighter. I woke the rest of the kids up at 5:30am so they could head out in the vans at 6:15 and I was off for the rest of the week!

After getting home at 6:30am, I was already wide awake so I watched a movie before starting Crepes. Sarah came home this weekend with two of her friends from school and she begged me to make Crepes. They actually turned out pretty good (the girls really liked them so I guess that was good). After a very filling breakfast of crepes my mom and I drove down to Ventura to do a little shopping (I bought a new hat... Yay for payday and buying new hats!). We decided to stop by Real Cheap Sports to check out some camping gear for my mom (Our school has an amazing outdoor education program and all of the middle-schoolers go on a backpacking trip in the spring... my mom has gone on two trips so far and has finally decided to break down and start buying her own gear). I love Real Cheap Sports because I always liked earthy, granola people (my mom thought that calling them granola people was pretty funny... but whatever). The store just makes me happy! We did some recruiting while we were there too which was pretty fun (we invited the cute camping guys who work there to apply for our summer camping director position... The position really needs to be filled and it would be rad if we got some new, young blood in there! - not to mention cute!).

After our Real Cheap Sports adventure my mom and I went to pick up Ruby from Villanova (Ruby was one of my mom's students from Taiwan the last few years who now goes to Villanova... she comes over on occasion to get away from school). Ruby had been gone on Spring Break for a bit and wanted to come over and make us dinner. She actually had never cooked before so she was a little nervous, but she did an amazing job! She started us out with some tasty BOBA, accompanied with some garlic Cucumbers, Some great egg dish, and Taiwanese fried rice. We barbecued some chicken and cooked up some asparagus which made for a really great dinner! Hanging out with Ruby was super fun! She is such a sweet girl and a great addition to the family!

Sunday was another AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL day! I got to go to Community which is always a blessing! It was cool to be there on a day when we were starting a new study (we just got done with Colossians and are now moving onto Acts). After church, Janae and I headed home for the afternoon. My parents and I tag-teamed washing our cars which was actually pretty fun. Later in the afternoon, Holly, Carl, and I drove up to Santa Barbara for Emy's concert. We went up early to hang out with one of their Forest Home friends, Elissa. Elissa lives in this amazing house that looks over all of SB! The view was incredible and the company was just as wonderful! Emy's concert was AMAZING, as always which made for a lovely end to a beautiful weekend!!! Thank you God for a beautiful weekend, for new and old friends, and incredible music!!!

7 comments:

Sarah Belle said...

the girls loved your crepes, and I did too they were the best you have ever made...and I love you...sorry we didn't get to hang out too much this weekend. You are probably going to be working but if you aren't, you should come to relay!!!

Christine H. said...

Of course you were in Community on the ONE Sundy I was in the toddler room! Bummer!

Eschew obfuscation! said...

michaela, what are granola people? lolI saw a girl here yesterday who was gauging her ears... I asked her, and she was six points or point six... or however you say that. =)
Say, who is christine h? I think she has me confused with someone else, b/c she commented on my blog and was like "see you tomorrow!" lol. anyways, I'm really glad you had a great weekend! here's hoping another great weekend comes your way soon. =)

mandrews said...

HAHA!!! Christine H is my friend from Community... she probably thinks that you are Kate from conference... Darren's fiance Kate...

ATSmith said...

I bet you enjoyed the company ... were those love birds in your pic?

mandrews said...

Love Birds? Why Amber I have NO idea what you are talking about... HAHAHA!!! I will have to tell you about that when you get back!

hannah said...

this has nothing to do with your post, but i was looking at your profile info (and who does that anyway?)and i saw that you like the book 'sex god' which i just finished reading and loved! woohoo! so yeah, that's all i wanted to say!