Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fried, Toasted, Spent...

I'm not so sure that this weekend was as good as I thought it was going to be. I mean, I didn't think it was going to be spectacular or anything. I knew it was going to be pretty rough, but I didn't anticipate how rough it actually was. Overall, work this weekend was really stressful. The kids were really high strung and not behaving really well. I actually had to discipline a few students this weekend which I never do because I hate it! So work was crazy. I did get to go home Friday night (I was supposed to be on sleepover duty). One of the dorm parents came in around 11pm as I was curling up on the couch and asked if I wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed... "Heck Yes!!!"

Saturday was similar to Friday as far as discipline and all that. We did open the pool for the kids (it was way too stinkin' hot for the end of April). I got to clean out a dead rat from the pool which was fun (or not!)! The pool was incredible and I totally jumped in a couple of times to cool off! Saturday night after getting off work, I headed over to the After Prom Party at Jesters/Ojai Playhouse. I got to pretend to be paparazzi for the first part of the night which was super rad! The rest of the night, I helped watch kids (Tried to keep them from making babies) in the movie theater (Goonies... "HEY YOU GUYS!!!"). I think I ended up getting home around 4am and fell asleep at 4:30am. I slept for about 2 and a half hours before getting up to head over to work. I took a cat nap on the bus on the way down to Santa Monica, but the whole day was pretty miserable from being so exhausted!

After work, I went straight down to Ventura for Nicki's birthday dinner. It was sort of a girl's night thing which was super fun. I felt like I was drunk (not that I know what that feels like) from having no sleep and walking around all day long. After dinner we did a little bowling. I was way loopy by this time so I don't remember everything (I took pictures though to try and remember some of it... I am totally exaggerating by the way, I remember everything). I am slowly trying to play catch up as far as sleep and stuff, but I am still super tired... Was it worth it??? ABSOLUTELY! It was a great weekend even if I am totally fried!

PS: I did manage to take a lot of pictures from this weekend despite being super tired!

Pictures of The Prom After Party

Pictures of Santa Monica/Work

Pictures of Nicki's B-Day Party

Pictures of my new gauges... That's right, I went up to 0G's this weekend... they don't hurt at all which is super awesome! I probably won't go any bigger despite the constant nagging and temptation that some of my High Schoolers dish out... I can almost put my finger through the whole which tell me they are big enough!

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

After-Prom Party was awesome! I want to blog about it but I have no time. Maybe I'll just post my article that is going in the paper (after it goes in). THANKS for deleting that pic (you know the one!)

Eschew obfuscation! said...

Holy smokes!! you weren't kidding, those holes are HUGE! wow. They look about like this one guy at the SafeHouse we went to last week. Whew! He had tattoos too, i don't recommend you get any of those. =) They sound utterly painful, not to mention not worth it. :P