Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bored and Broke

Another Tuesday has come and gone (well, not quite gone yet; I still have two more classes to get through). Today being the start of my second week of the semester was a little more relaxed. The numbers in the parking lot are being to die down (not quite as many vultures hovering over you as you walk to your car), and we are just starting to get into the real material in our classes (not so much boring review stuff that I learned in 10th grade). We had a quiz in Physiology which I did alright on. I got a little confused on what she was looking for on a couple of questions, so I probably pulled of a 4.5 out of 5. My professor was really mean about the quiz though. She was saying stuff like, "If this is hard, you should drop the class," "this all should be review and if it's not, you need to drop the class sooner then later so others can add the class." I guess it is good of her to say that so people know what they are in for, but I don't anticipate many people dropping the class anytime soon.

My Latin America class was boring as usual (I forgot to mention last Thursday's class. My professor - who is in his 70's and wears hearing aids - came to class dressed as a Spanish Conquistador. He went through the whole lecture pretending he was a servant to Queen Isabella of Spain back in the 1400's. Sounds kinds cool right? Wrong!!!! The class was terrible. All he talked about was island hopping and running into cannibals throughout the Caribbean. The only fun part was he looked like an idiot.) Needless to say, this class was 10 times less exciting the Thursday's class. Dance was fun/funny because we actually started to dance. Well, we did turns. We learned how to spin around in a circle on one foot. Super exciting. The last minute of class we jumped around like fools following the teacher; Great fun! Nothing to report on my Drama class other then I get to see WICKED on March 15th (yeah, that's a Thursday night so I will miss youth group that night Ryan!)!

And now I get to sit and wait. The only thing that sucks more then sitting and waiting is being broke and sitting and waiting. There is so much to do down here from going to the mall to even catching a movie, but I can't because I am a poor college student (do you hear that violin playing in the background there?) On the plus side, I got a lot of reading done. I am a slow reader naturally, but give me required reading and you can almost bet it won't get done. Thankfully, Ryan lent me a couple of books to help me procrastinate my school reading a little while longer (thanks Ryan). He gave me Letter to a Young Evangelical by Tony Campolo and Starving Jesus by Craig Gross and J.R. Mahon. As much as I love a lot of Tony Campolo's stuff, I decided to start with Starving Jesus simply based on the fact that it had a cooler title and cover (there were other reasons to this decision; it was smaller, it was paperback - hardcovers intimidate me -, and it was written by the founders of xxxchurch.com.)

So now I get to sit and wait (and write in my blog). I am attempting to make it through the night without my triple shot, so we'll see if I make it home tonight.

No comments: