Thursday, February 15, 2007

Contact

Today I was thinking about human contact. There is a certain amount of human contact that everyone is comfortable with. I walk around school and see couples who obviously have no problems with contact (PDAs) and I see other couples who barely hold hands (like just holding each other's pinkies). I really have never been a huge hand holder (well, I have never had a person's hand to hold but my Mom's). I occasionally like a hug here and there from friends at the appropriate times (like last Tuesday at 11 o'clock at night when I found out my Mom had to have surgery) but that's about as far as my human contact goes. Today in my Dance class we had to get in partners and later we found out we were going to be giving each other massages. We were supposed to work on the trapezius, the rhomboids, the sternocleidomastoid, and the pectoralis minor. My partner's name was Jesus (like the Mexican way to say it; not like the Son of God). I gave him his massage first and then he gave me mine. It was awkward to say the very least (and he didn't even give a good massage cause my back is killing me). So I was wondering if anyone else is as uncomfortable as I was today with some human contact.

On a little note, my Mom is doing really well. She went in for her post-op appointment today. She has to go see the Oncologist later this week to see what will happen as far as possible chemo or some other treatment. The doctor also gave her the go ahead to walk, drive, and eat anything she wants (he also took out the staples; I got a cool picture of it before they took them out but I am not allowed to post it so ask me about it). Other then that my Mom is doing really really well! Thank you again for all of your prayers, thoughts, cards, dinners, and prayers.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey, have you ever seen the You Tube video where a guy and girl go to Hollywood and hold up signs that say "free hugs." It's actually pretty interesting.. they end up hugging tons of people...some even burst out into tears. Our friend Briell had it on her blog a couple of months ago...check it out.