Thursday, September 06, 2007

Friends, Coffee, and Mango Iced Tea...

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted a blog in my favorite month of the year yet! Well, I had to change that. Things have been pretty busy lately between school and work, but let me try and catch you all up...

This last weekend was my last weekend of freedom as I start up at OVS this weekend! I am really excited but I am also very nervous. I am not sure why I am nervous... I guess I just don't want to screw up cause I really don't like it when people get mad at me. But I am looking forward to it more then I am nervous so that should be a good thing. For my last weekend of freedom I did what any other person would do... I did homework, went to church, and the beach. Church was Hume Sunday which was pretty exciting. Great Job on those movies Ryan! It's hard to think that I won't be able to go to church for awhile (because of my job I can't go to church for those of you who don't know) but I am praying that everything will work out. The beach was beautiful! It was so nice to get out of the heat for the afternoon. I couldn't believe I hadn't been at the beach since Christmas! I came home with all kinds of tar all over my feet and sandals, but it was so worth it!

Labor Day I got to do what most people don't get to do... I got to work! It was cool though. I went over and watched Caden for most of the day while Mason got to drive around with Mom and Dad. Mason has improved so much from before his therapy! He totally looks you in the eye now, he's crawling (well, army crawling because has this weird sensory thing with his hands and his feet), he tries to talk to you (he has his own vocabulary now), he is putting things in and taking things out of boxes and stuff... It is so cool to see his little mind grow when for so long it wasn't. Yesterday we went swimming in their new pool and he had a blast splashing and kicking. He is having an MRI of his brain on Monday (his doctor is still puzzled by the seizures he had when he was younger and want to check his brain growth and stuff). Because he is so young and can't sit still, they have to put him under which is always really scary. At least this time they will put him to sleep before they start poking him with IVs and tubes and stuff (apparently when he had his surgery for pylorics, the nurses and stuff started sticking him with IVs and tubes and all that stuff before they put him to sleep... No wonder he has night terrors... could you imagine being 21 days old and being stuck with everything under the sun?). The MRI should only take about 30 mins but because of the anesthesia and all that, he can't have anything to eat after midnight (this is the kid that is as big as a 2 year old and eats every three to four hours... even at night) and no water after 7 am. So please pray for them Sunday night and Monday as Mason is not going to be a happy camper. Pray that the whole thing goes smoothly and that he doesn't get sick from the anesthesia. Also pray for him as next Monday comes up (the 17th). Mason is having his eye surgery that Monday and will be put under again so it's all scary and will be a long two weeks. On top of all of that, Sam is giving a lady with 15 years nannying experience come for a trial week next week. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't want to leave Mason and Caden, and they really REALLY don't want me to leave, but with school and this weekend job, I don't know when I am going to get anything done (like homework, cleaning, car stuff...). So please pray that God will work something out for all of us.

So lets see... the title of this blog is Friends, Coffee, and Mango Iced Tea... Well, in the midst of my crazy week, I did get to spend some time with friends. Tuesday I had a class canceled in the morning and I wasn't working for the day so I went and hung out with Cory at the coffee shop for a couple hours. We ended up going from the coffee shop to lunch at Cafe Emporium which was delicious and loads of fun. After a little afternoon nap I went over to Amber's house (the boys were out of town for the night) and had a mini girl's night (well it was me Amber, Cory, and Martha... oh and the girls until they went to bed). It was super fun and I have to say that I am very thankful for my friends! Oh... the Mango Iced Tea part is that I had bought some Mango Iced Tea from Cafe Emp a few months ago and kind forgot about it so lately I have been brewing a lot of Mango Iced Tea... Soooooo Good!!!

4 comments:

Christine H. said...

I love the title. It could be the title of a chick flick or a cheezy romance novel!

I'm back online blogging!

ATSmith said...

I am so thankful for you guys! What a fun time we had ... esp. w/ the fortune cookies : )

Anonymous said...

I loved getting to laugh with you all. Thanks for playing along~!
Martha

Katie said...

Mango iced tea is my favorite!