Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekends!!!


This weekend marked the first in a year long series of weekends spent at the beautiful Ojai Valley School. I have to say that I had a really good time hanging out and getting to know some of the kids at OVS. Friday night the kids had a Back to School Social. It was really funny to walk around and see the interaction between the kids. I only went to one dance growing up and that was my Senior Ball so I had never experienced the typical "Jr High Dance." Things remained pretty mellow and the kids had a good time.

Saturday was a typical Saturday. We had Pick 4 in the morning (the kids will have 4 options of things to do and they have to pick one). I opened up the computer lab and got to keep an eye on kids in there. After a typical lunch of leftovers (You know you have spent too much time at OVS when you know what meal is going to be served based on what day it is), we walked all of the kids downtown for a few hours. Once we get to the park we let all of the older kids walk around with a buddy while the younger kids (5th and under) get to walk around with an adult. I took a couple of the girls to the ice cream store, the toy store and Chevron (for junk food). The evening ran really smoothly with a short pool party and a mini movie night.

Sunday we went to Skating Plus which was pretty fun. I opted out of skating due to my proneness to breaking bones while skating (I have broken two of my bones skating). All in all it was a typical weekend and I had a good time. The kids were great and I am excited to get to know them over the course of the year.

Oh yeah, the picture... A couple of the girls painted my nails on Saturday during some of our down time. It was pretty funny but super cute and a great bonding moment.

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

Cute nails!