Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It'll Work Out

Today started out great. I finished my part of my group presentation and most of my group members sent me their parts. Dalton was great today. The last couple of days we have been playing peek-a-boo (it's so cute, I sit him on my lap facing me and I put a blanket up between us; he laughs sooo hard; it's hilarious). He is now 6 months old (which is crazy cause I met him when he was 4 weeks old). He is still skinny (10th percentile with his cast on), but they started him on carrots and he loves his rice cereal. He seems to be spitting up less and less every day (great for my clothes). Today I was thinking "man I have such a cool job; I get to lay on the ground and play with a baby all day, and while he naps I can sit and do my homework." I was also thinking how cool it was to be a part of Dalton's growth process. I was looking at him today and it was so cool to see him looking like a little boy. Unfortunately, Alia had some troubling news for me when she got home. Due to their financial constraints, they will no longer be able to pay me the $65 a day.

I know I can't survive on $45 a day (I am barely making it with the $65) so this New Year will start a new job for Michaela. I am so bummed out because I have watched this little boy grow up for forth months now and I doubt that I will have the opportunity to see him anymore. It sucks, but I know God has a plan for me and He will work everything out. Already Alia said that Jessica (Kendall's mom; Kendall was the other girl I was watching for a while) works with someone (a doctor who lives in Rancho Matilija; The Golden Ghetto) who is looking for a nanny. Maybe it will work out, maybe not, but it is nice to see God working already despite my lack of enthusiasm in needing to find a new job. Anyway... that's my fun news for the week. The semester is almost over like I said in my last post. I should get some sleep for my boring day of school tomorrow.

1 comment:

ATSmith said...

okay michaela, next time I ask, "how was your day, " please let me in on some MAJOR details like LOOSING your job ! I am so sorry for that ... yes, God will work it all out but it still stucks in the mean time ...