Thursday, December 28, 2006

WILD!!!





So these are just some pictures of the wonderful power of God last night. In case you don't live in Ojai, last night the wind was WILD!!!! I have never experienced wind that wild before and it was so humbling to know that I could do nothing to stop it. So last night I went out to rent some movies because my friend is lame and doesn't want to hand out with me while she is here (not you Katie, you're cool). I rented 4 DVDs and we were watching one of them as a family. I had just let my dog out to go to the bathroom when the electricity went out. It came back on really quickly, so we grabbed all of our flashlights and stuff just in time for the lights to go out for good. Luckily we still had most of our candles out from Christmas so we were fairly well prepared. I let my dog back in because he was super scared from the wind.

I went out to my room to grab another flashlight and I saw that the fence separating our property from the trailer park next door had come crashing down. Needless to say I opted to sleep in the house in case anything else happened. Most people are saying that around 6 transformers blew last night which caused the wild blackout.

This morning we awoke to find that two large pine trees had fallen into our backyard, one large branch had fallen on top of my room, and the fence was worse then we thought. But everyone is safe and the insurance people are coming out either today or tomorrow. I just thought it was pretty wild and I hope everyone else was luckier then we were.

No comments: