Saturday, December 09, 2006

Mid-Week Crisis

Well... it's been a while since my last post. Everything just gets so busy when it comes time for finals. So this week has not been that great and I will tell you why. Monday was fine... nothing outstanding to report. Tuesday started out with some bad news. Every semester I have to go see my academic adviser and every other semester I have to see an adviser in the athletic training department. So Tuesday morning I went to see Dr. Shane Stecyk, the adviser for the athletic training department. He told me that I was supposed to be applying for the athletic training program this spring, but there were about 14 units of really tough classes that I had to take in order to apply. I had already found out that I needed around 12 units to finish my undergraduate work, but he said I needed these additional 14 in order to apply. He said it was up to me whether I wanted to charge it out or not. I could have taken a couple of these classes over winter break (ew that would suck), finish the rest in the spring semester, and still apply for the program which, if accepted, would start that summer'07 and run through fall '07, spring '08, summer '08, fall '08, and finally finish up spring '09. Because I would rather enjoy my sanity I opted out of this suicidal schedule. Unfortunately this means my graduation will be postponed a year which really sucks, but I gotta learn to deal with it.

Wednesday was alright. Alia was sick so she was hanging out at home while I watched Dalton. It's always a little awkward when Alia stays home. I always feel like she's watching me and I can never get anything done (even when he is napping). So Wednesday was unproductive. Thursday was not fun. I woke up feeling gross (I had a terrible headache and my throat was hurting). I pumped every medicine known to man into my system to try and feel better. But I had to go to school because I had to give a speech. Once I gave my speech I drove home and went to bed for the rest of the night (I got home at about noon and slept the rest of the day). Friday I was feeling better (must have been all that Sudafed, Zicam, Excedrin, NyQuil, and ibuprofen I took the day before). I went to work and Alia was still sick (poor thing, I should have told her about my medicine combo... it seemed to work for me). That night I got to hang out with my good friends Sage and Aspen. We had a little Little Mermaid party which was probably the highlight of my week.

Now it's the weekend and here I am avoiding my paper like the plague. I started it, but I can't seem to get into it like I need to. I work better under pressure anyway.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm the exact same way...in order to be really productive, I start at the last minute...the pressure keeps me going.