Thursday, November 16, 2006

Another Week

Well, it doesn't seem like I am very good at keeping this blog up to date. I just get so busy during the week that I never have anything insightful to say. So sorry! Anyway, I just thought I would give you a little update on my week. So, Dalton is doing much better. He actually got really sick after his surgery. He already was a super puker, but after all of the anesthetics and stuff, the puking got ten times worse! He had diarrhea all weekend and was pooping blood and stuff. So Alia and Brian took him to the hospital where the doctor put him on acid reflux medicine... Poor Baby!!! But Dalton is such a happy baby already, the puking didn't even phase him. His hand is doing alright. It's in this huge, hard cast from the tip of his left pollicis (that would be the thumb in Anatomical terms (what can I say? I'm a Kinesiology major for crying out loud!)) all the way up half his Humerus (the the bone above the elbow); but Alia and Brian wrap the cast in an ACE bandage so when he hits himself (or anyone else for the that matter).

My EXAMS (hi Katie!) went very well! I felt super confident about them but I will find out for sure on Tuesday if my confidence is mistaken for cockiness. But school went well this week and I am definitely glad it's the weekend! I am looking forward to reading my new books (I went a little crazy on Amazon this week). I actually didn't go CRAZY par-say... I only bought 3 books. The first one I am reading (since I'm not as talented as Ryan is at reading multiple books at a time) is called "Buck-Naked Faith: A Brutally Honest Look at Stunted Christianity" by Eric Sandras PhD. I'm only about one chapter into the book, but it looks to be a promising read. The next book I bought was "Organic Church: Growing Faith Where Life Happens" by Neil Cole. I also started to read that when I first got the books Wednesday night to see which one I wanted to read first. I decided to go with the the Buck-Naked one cause the title's pretty sick and Hardcovers intimidate me (Organic Church is a hardcover). The other book was kinda a fluke. I bought a used copy of "The Color Purple" just cause I have been listening to the soundtrack a lot in my car (since I only have a CD player in the car that works) and I have been dying to read the book forever!

Speaking of my car... here's a little update on the BMW sitch. So I was driving to work on Wednesday and as I was driving on the freeway I looked down at my speedometer to make sure I wasn't going too fast. All of a sudden my speedometer said I was driving at 0 mph on the freeway. It then proceeded to bounce around all over the place as I was driving. So basically something is wrong with the computer board on the car. So I am driving The Burb until we can figure something out. The auto teacher at Nordhoff said he could take a look at it and see if he could fix it but who knows if that will work out. So we'll see what happens with that.

Well that's about all that has happened this week. I think I'm gonna see a movie tonight with my sister so I will let you all know about that tomorrow. Have a good weekend all! Be safe and have fun!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to hear that your EXAMS went well! =)

ATSmith said...

I am so jealous of your book club! I wish I could join ... someday I will have time to read something other than Dora books!