Saturday, November 11, 2006

Best Made Plans...

Seeing how I haven't posted in a while, I thought I could use this time to do some updating. This week went really well. Classes went really well. I did really well on my Sign Language test and my Anatomy quiz which makes me think I will do well on my Anatomy test coming up next week. Sarah flew out to Tennessee on Thursday to check out Sewanee. She didn't really like the whole college part of the trip, but she tried to make the best of a free trip to Tennessee. So Dalton had his surgery on Thursday. From what I have heard, everything went really well and he is recovering fantastically. He's gonna be doing physical therapy and stuff on his arm (that is in a cast up to his shoulder) because of the chance of nerve damage or something. I didn't get the whole rundown of it all, but he is doing very well and I will see him on Monday.

So because Dalton had his surgery on Thursday, I had Friday off of work. Even though I had the day off, I still seemed to find myself working. My mom (who really doesn't want to have to hire a housekeeper) paid me to "Deep Clean" the house. Seeing how I am trying to go to Australia for New Years I really couldn't say no. So most of Friday was spent cleaning every part of our house (accept for my room which I have been avoiding like the plague!). Friday night I went to this party thing that Danielle invited me to. I guess she has a friend who is 22 and just moved into town named Jessica.
Basically I kicked butt playing Disney's Scene It and Apples to Apples. Being raised on nothing but Disney movies and playing board games at home group for the last year really payed off for me.

Today I had planned to bunker down and study for a solid 4 or 5 hours seeing how I have two huge exams on Tuesday. I started making my many flash cards and as I began to run out of 3x4 index cards, I became a little less enthused about spending hours and hours studying today. So I began my day by popping in a few DVDs. I started with House of D. Ryan has been talking about this movie for I don't know how long. Well at least the "Focus" "Happiness" and "Boner" parts. This was a great movie that I really enjoyed. Thanks for the recommendation Ryan! Next I moved on to I movie that I have been dying to see since it was in theaters, but never could get anyone to go see it with me. The movie is called Ask the Dust with Collin Ferrell and Salma Hayek. I mainly wanted to see it because Idina Menzel is in it and I love Idina as an actress so yeah, that's what led me to this movie initially. In this movie Ferrell plays Arturo Bandini, a would-be writer seeking fame, fortune, and a blue-eyed blonde in 1930's. Instead he finds Mexican barmaid Camilla (Hayek), who hopes to blend into Anglo society by marrying a wealthy blue-blood. I liked this movie because it just showed the human need for acceptance. It's hard to describe it, but it is an excellent film and I definitely recommend it (Amber, we should pull for this one for next home group instead of letting the guys pick). Next I moved onto Thank You for Smoking. Another Ryan recommendation. It was a very funny movie with many valid points about life and Human nature.

After a very relaxing day of great movies, my Mom decided to educate me on her taste in music. So she put in these DVDs called The Midnight Special. They are basically a bunch of performances from the 70's with people like Heart, Diana Ross, Ike and Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, and James Brown. It was seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen. It just made me think how different my Mom's youth was to mine. She spent her time listening to people like Ike and Tina Turner, while I spend my time pretending to study, but watching movies. This has been a wonderful week and today was just the break I needed from normal life, but now I have to catch up on all the plans I had for studying tomorrow. Oh well! Best made plans...

1 comment:

ATSmith said...

Hahaha! That is so funny about the board games ... Apples to Apples. Glad you kicked butt! Let's do that movie for Monday night. It's about time we girls got to pick. See ya tomorrow at church.