Thursday, November 30, 2006

Tuesday Con't

It's funny, it's only Thursday, but every Thursday when I get home from school I completely relax because it feels like my week is over. Granted I still have work tomorrow so my week isn't technically over, you get the picture. So I told you about my funny morning on Tuesday in my last post, but I haven't had a chance to tell you about the rest of my day. My first class, like you read was canceled, so I went to my second class, Public Speaking, a little (maybe like two hours) early. In my speech class we got our speeches back from before break and I did much better then I expected (like a 150/150 on the outline and 150/150 on the actual speech). On the back of my speech grading sheet my professor asked if I would be interested in joining the speech team. Me? The speech team? I already think I'm a bit of a nerd, but how much more of a nerd would I be if I joined the speech team? Needless to say I am actually considering joining the team. I figure it's a nice way to socialize and meet people.

Next I went to my Anatomy class which was somewhat normal (surprising with a professor who looks like Super Mario). My forth and last class of the day, History and Philosophy of Sport, is in the same room as my Anatomy class. So I waited as the rest of the people in the class poured in. Doug, the professor of the class, is kinda a loon. He is not shaving until he gets his PhD (and I thought Ryan's facial hair was gross); he is recently divorced (he can't be older then 35 but I really don't know cause the beard is so nasty); he believes that the answer to all life's problems lies within the sport of Ultimate Frisbee.. like I said, he's a little off his rocker. So he showed up to class late (like always), he sits of the back of the chair, and then stares at us for the first five minutes of class. We start to talk about something completely random that he thinks pertains to our topic, then all of a sudden the fire alarm went off in the entire Kinesiology building. We all had to evacuate the building and wait outside in the freezing cold wind. Now there were ups and downs to this whole thing. The up was we got out of 30 minutes of class. The downs were 1) we were out in the cold for 30 minutes and 2) the Kinesiology building is connected to the adapted aquatics therapy center that was doing water aerobics when the alarm went off; so all of the old people had to get out of the pool and come outside in the freezing cold. It was super sad, but they seemed to be doing alright. We finally got the all clear from the campus police and we went back into class. We sat there for maybe 2 minutes when the alarm went off again! Doug just said to forget about class for the day so not only did I get out of my morning class, I got out of my afternoon class!

Yes so that was my exciting day this week. Nothing else going on. I may go see a movie this weekend (give me a call Amber), but that's about it. Have a good weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh man, you think it's cold there, huh? We just got 2 feet of snow here in MO and the high today is....what do you know?!? 18 degrees! I love the midwest...well, not really.